I am Dr. Jennifer Franklin, a licensed psychologist dually licensed in North Carolina and California offering the following services:
- Mindfulness Training
Here are my offerings:
Therapy is for you if you’re interested in working with me in an in-depth, ongoing way on a weekly or biweekly basis. I offer therapy for:
- Adult Individuals with Functional Medical Problems
- Couples When One or Both Individuals Have Functional Medical Problems
- Adult Individuals and Couples Without Functional Medical/GI Problems. To learn about my other areas of clinical interest, please visit Open Door Therapy.
Note: While it is not part of my practice to provide therapy to children, I strongly encourage parents to set up consultations with me, which might mean one or a few sessions. I have a great deal of information to share and will provide individualized feedback to you as well as appropriate referrals.
Consultation is for you if you are seeking help for a functional medical problem but are unable to commit to ongoing therapy, already have a psychotherapist with whom you are actively working, or the primary patient is under 18 years of age. Consultations are hour-long appointments intended to provide you with information, a treatment plan, recommendations, and/or resources to support and guide you in healing your body. Consultations are more topical than therapy appointments. I offer consultation for:
- Adult Individuals with Functional Medical/GI Problems
- Couples When One or Both Individuals Have Functional Medical/GI Problems
- Families with Children with Functional Gastrointestinal Problems
- Health Professionals with Clients with Functional Gastrointestinal or Other Functional Medical Problems
I teach mindfulness meditation to beginners and work with practiced meditators interested in taking their mindfulness practice “off the cushion”. I’m focused on helping people to not just learn to meditate but also cultivate a consistent mindfulness meditation practice, address difficulty surfacing during meditation, and most importantly bring their mindfulness meditation practice from their cushion right into their everyday lives. For more information on Mindfulness, visit Open Door Therapy.
I teach mindfulness to adults as:
If any of the above services interest you, and you’re thinking about setting up a first appointment or have questions, please contact me.